PPG Place

Submitted by Peng on Mon, 10/08/2012 - 07:31
Architect Name: 
Johnson, Philip & John Burgee Architects
Date(s): 
1979-1984
Neighborhood: 
Downtown Pittsburgh

Location

159 Fourth Avenue Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania,USA
United States
40° 26' 24.1404" N, 80° 0' 13.77" W

PPG Place is a complex in downtown Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania consisting of six buildings within three city blocks and five and a half acres. Named for its main tenant, PPG Industries who initiated the project for its headquarters, the buildings are all of matching glass design consisting of 19,750 pieces of glass. The complex centers around One PPG Place, a 40-story office building. Groundbreaking ceremonies occurred on January 28, 1981. The complex buildings opened between 1983 and 1984, and a dedication ceremony took place in April 1984.
REF: wikipedia

PPG Place
PPG Place
PPG Place

Location

Javascript is required to view this map.