Learning Research & Development Center, Pitt

Submitted by Peng on Mon, 10/08/2012 - 09:19
Architect Name: 
Harrison & Abramovitz
Date(s): 
1969-1974
Neighborhood: 
East – Oakland

Location

3939 O'Hara Street
United States
40° 26' 39.516" N, 79° 57' 31.1256" W

The Learning Research and Development Center (LRDC) at the University of Pittsburgh is an interdisciplinary center focused on describing, understanding, improving, and researching various aspects of human cognition, learning in order to improve and reform instruction and training in schools, the workplace, and informal environments. Co-founded in 1963 by Robert Glaser, it was among the first such centers in the world focusing on field of fundamental learning studies. The building, a $7 million, nine-story building, is the winner of several architectural awards, that was funded in part from a $5.6 million grant awarded in 1969 from the U.S. Office of Education. 
Bibliography
Archives Service Center, University of Pittsburgh Libraries

Learning Research & Development Center, Pitt
Learning Research & Development Center, Pitt

Location

Javascript is required to view this map.