H.K. Porter Building

Submitted by Peng on Mon, 10/08/2012 - 08:42
Alternate Names: 
FHL Bank Building
Architect Name: 
Harrison & Abramovitz
Date(s): 
Completed 1958
Neighborhood: 
Downtown Pittsburgh

Location

601 Grant St
United States
40° 26' 27.8808" N, 79° 59' 45.3012" W

H. K. Porter, Inc. (Porter) manufactured light-duty railroad locomotives  in the USA, starting in 1866. The company became the largest producer of industrial locomotives, and built almost eight thousand of them. The last locomotive was built in 1950, but the company continues to produce industrial equipment to this day.

H.K. Porter Building
H.K. Porter Building

Location

Javascript is required to view this map.