Gulf Tower

Submitted by Admin on Tue, 12/20/2011 - 01:47
Architect Name: 
Trowbridge & Livingston E. P. Mellon
Additional Names: 
Structural engineer: McClintic-Marshall Construction Company
Date(s): 
1930-1932
Neighborhood: 
Downtown Pittsburgh

Location

707 Grant Street
United States
40° 26' 32.5428" N, 79° 59' 39.282" W

Gulf Tower is one of the major distinctive and recognizable features of downtown Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The tower is named for the Gulf Oil Corporation, which was one of the leading multinational oil companies of its time, consistently ranking among the largest 10 corporations in the country. In 1984, Gulf and Chevron took part in the world's largest merger to that time.
REF: wikipedia; craunf.orgthepittsburghhistoryjournaljonespassodelis.com

Gulf Tower
From http://www.jonespassodelis.com/
From http://thepittsburghhistoryjournal.com/post/35530699725/pittsburghs-point-in-september-1931-the-gulf
From http://www.craunf.org/PicturesMay2011.htm

Location

Javascript is required to view this map.